what you need
- 1 cup plus 2 TABLESPOONS cornmeal
- 1 cup plus 2 TABLESPOONS whole wheat flour
- 1 TABLESPOON baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 TABLESPOONS melted shortening (bacon grease, coconut oil, or butter)
what you do
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, wheat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg, maple syrup, milk and shortening.
- Stir until WELL blended; DO NOT BEAT
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch square pan or 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.