I hope that you have a chance to get out and do something for people and planet today in a very green way ;)
And as much as I love a whole day devoted to celebrating and taking care of our beloved Mother Earth, I think it much more meaningful to make EVERYDAY Earth Day. And why not?!
So...To make everyday Earth Day, I am posting this easy green to do list I received from a wonderfully eco-conscience friend of mine. Do your part today and every day...enjoy!
The Easy GREEN To Do List
In the kitchen...
- Set the refrigerator temperature between 38 F and 42 F.
- Set the freezer temperature between O F and 5 F.
In the dining room...
- Use napkin rings and cloth napkins.
- Use washable plates, cups and silverware.
- Recycle containers by serving condiments in them.
In the laundry...
- Wash and dry only full loads.
- Wash with warm water instead of hot.
- Rinse with cold water instead of warm.
- Hang wash out to dry.
In the bathroom...
- Shut off the sink while brushing your teeth.
- Shut off the shower while soaping or scrubbing.
- Install a low-flow shower head.
- Reduce the volume of water in your toilet tank.
In the living room...
- Switch off unnecessary lights.
- Dress cool: don't turn on the air conditioner.
- Raise shades on winter days; lower them in summer.
- Install ceiling fans to use for summer & winter.
In the yard...
- Compost leaves and grass clippings.
- Avoid pesticides, use nontoxic alternatives.
- Water the grass early in the morning.
- Plant a tree.