Pumpkin Scones when the leaves are turning, falling, and pumpkins are all around.
My go to scone recipe comes from my all time favorite baker Amanda Green from A Whole Lot of Crock. In her own words, "this is a recipe I created and have made in thousands of different combinations, depending on my mood, the season, what ingredients I have in the house and, most of all, what sounds really good that morning for breakfast."
Pumpkin Breakfast Scones
- 2 cups flour (can use gluten free flour)
- 1/3 cup sugar + a tablespoon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- + additional liquid (milk, heavy whipping cream, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk or water)
- Mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla bean paste. Stir until combined.
- Add additional liquid if needed until "just moist". Stir until combined.
- Place on baking sheet in mounds for individual scones OR in a one round and score to make "pie" shaped pieces.
- Bake @ 425 for 15 minutes.