|photo credit: www.greenbasket.me|
Good morning, writers!
Today at the BB B&B, guest author Gale Deitch is sharing with us her favorite breakfast recipe :)
"One of my favorite dishes to make - and this works for breakfast or dinner - is a Frittata," says Gale Deitch, author of A FINE FIX. "[It's] an incredibly versatile dish based on the ingredients you have available in your refrigerator, whether you are a vegetarian or a meat eater."
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe sauté pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
to the pan a small onion, chopped, and a medium potato, cubed. If you
are a meat eater, also add and saute cubed ham or chopped bacon until
- When the potato begins to get tender and the onion is
golden and translucent, add vegetables such as sliced mushrooms, quarter
rounds of zucchini, cubed green or red peppers, whatever you have on
hand, and sauté until tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scramble 8 eggs and pour into the pan over the veggie/meat mixture.
- Turn the burner down to medium while the eggs begin to set. This may take a few minutes.
- Put pan into oven so eggs continue to set.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar cheese (or your cheese of choice).
- Turn the oven to a low broil until top browns slightly.
- Remove from oven (Use an oven mitt—the handle is hot!) and cut the Frittata into 6 or 8 pie-shaped slices.